- Fact: The tree became the symbol of the immortal soul and eternal death.Source:
- Lehner, Ernst, and Johanna Lehner. Folklore and symbolism of flowers, plants and trees,. New York: Tudor Pub. Co., 1960. Print.
- Fact: The cypress tree has also undergone an evolution in its symbolism of the cycle of life, death, and burial.Source:
- Steffler, Alva William. Symbols of the Christian faith. Grand Rapids: W.B. Eerdmans Pub., 2002. Print.
- Fact: Cypress was a sacred tree in Persia, a symbol of the clear light of Ormuszd, and was frequently represented on gravestones with the lion, emblem of the sun-god Mithras (Philpot).Source:
- Dictionary of plant lore. Amsterdam: Elsevier/AP, 2007. Print.
Read more about Bald Cypress Tree: